How can you work on reducing
- First cut down on saturated fats.
To do this:
- Eat lean
meat. Select lean cuts and ask your butcher to cut off the fat
- Drink skim
milk instead of whole milk. Do the same for all dairy products. Note that
vegetarians have a much lower cholesterol level (almost twice as low as
average) which is perfectly understandable, since cholesterol is only found in
products derived from animals.
- in moderation. Not more than two glasses a day. However, it does appear that
drinking a moderate amount of alcohol raises the number of HDL lipids (the good
ones!), which break down cholesterol. (Moderation = two 4 oz. glasses of wine
or two 12 oz. beers.)
- Do regular exercise, for example walking.
Vitamin E. It reduces the risk of coronary disease.
Calcium brewer’s yeast
- Don't forget Vitamin C and Vitamin B-6 also combat the accumulation of cholesterol.
- Finally remember that lecithin, which helps fight excess cholesterol, arteriosclerosis,